Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Most recent Harley Digest

Most recent Harley Digest: "I'm glad the gent on the Alaska ride is safe and was able to continue the
ride with a bike from Fairbanks HD. They always treated me really
right. I bought my leathers and chaps there, got them at a half price
sale. (which put them at about what I was willing to pay) Their shirts
always get a laugh, the back shows a panhead outside an outhouse with a
bear standing next to both. The wrench that was there when I was there was
really into panheads too, so that was an extra bonus in my eyes.

The roads up there really are as terrible as he described. The frost
heaves happen all the time, putting huge bumps in roads you thought were
level. When I was there, an HD rider was killed when he came around a
corner he knew well, but it had a huge new bump and he lost control and
went airborne into a tree."

No comments: